HP Officejet 4650 Scan Software Support
Scanning is the process of a paperless to paper document. Examine if the scan feature is available in the printer. If the printer is compatible, check if the driver is installed in the system. Turn on the printer and system. Place the printed side document on the scanner glass or insert it into the Automatic Document Feeder based on the printer’s features. Make necessary scan settings on the printer’s control panel and then press Scan. If the scan button is unavailable in the printer, install the compatible scan software in the system. Open the scan software in the system. Do the changes on the software and click Scan. Save the scanned document in the system using either PDF or JPEG format. To know how to scan to email feature, follow the steps below:
How to Scan HP Officejet 4650
hp officejet 4650 scan to email
- Examine if the Scan to email feature is available in the HP Officejet 4650 printer. If it is available, create an account in local email clients such as Outlook, Live Mail.
- Web-based emails need to be configured using local email clients to send the scan files to them. Based on the printer type, begin the scan process.
- Choose your system name and click Email as PDF or Email as JPEG. On the scanning software, click Scan. After scanning, click Send to open the scan attachments.
hp officejet 4650 scan to computer
- Scan to computer is one of the added features of the printer. Examine if your Mac system supports the scan to computer feature. If yes, open the Finder and select the Go option. Click Applications-> HP.
- Open the HP Utility icon. Select the All Settings option. Click Scan to Computer option. Examine if the box scan to Computer option is enabled. If not, enable it by selecting the box next to it.
- Go to the scan menu icon on the printer’s control panel and choose the system name from the list of available devices. After a while, try to scan. In case of issues, call our customer support team.
How to Scan from Mobile Phones
Creating digital documents or copies with a desktop scanner is similar to photocopies. Anyways Most smartphones and tablets capture high-quality scans for paper documents and convert them into paperless one with the help of a built-in camera and installed scan apps. This process is easier and faster when compared to other versions. If you need to know how to scan from a mobile device, scroll down this page
How to Install HP Smart App in Android
- Download and install the HP Smart App on your device. Install it based on the on-screen prompts. After installing, open the app.
- Ensure that the Android device and printer is connected to the same network. Accept the terms and conditions and then click Continue.
- Wait till the printer’s name displays on the list of available devices. To scan a document, place the document or photo on the scanner glass based on engraved guides.
- Open the HP Smart App and click Scan, Scan to Email or Scan to Cloud option based on the scan type you wish to complete. Touch Done-> Scan. After the scan completes, view the document on the system.
How to Install HP Smart App in Apple iOS
- Go to the App Store. Type the HP Smart App on the search tab. Click and download the app on your Apple Device. Install it based on the on-screen instructions.
- After installation, open the app on the screen. Examine if the Apple device and mobile device is connected to the same wireless network.
- Click Start on the app and accept the terms and conditions and click Continue. Wait till the app detects the printers connected to the network.
- Select the printer’s name from the list.Place the document on the scanner glass. Open the app and click Scan-> Done. Click Scan to start the scanning process.
Hp Officejet 4650 Scan Documents and Photos
Scan a document or photo from your printer
- Place the printed side document on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder based on the printer’s specifications. Do not place photos into the ADF tray as it leads to damage to the photo or printer.
- Do necessary changes to the scan settings. Press the Scan button on the printer’s control panel. Prior to scanning, click the Scan Preview option to check the scanned document. If you need any changes, go to the Scan settings.
- After making necessary changes to the Scan settings. Click the Scan option. Once the scanning is done, save the document on the system. If you wish to send the scanned document to the printer’s email address, click Scan to email.
Scan a document or photo with your Android device camera
- Open the HP Smart App. Select the mobile device and choose the scan type. On your mobile device, click Camera Scan to Email. Take a picture of the document and click Scan. After completing the scanning process, add extra files if required.
Scan a document or photo with your Apple device camera
- Open the HP Smart App on your Apple device. Select the mobile device name and click the scan type. For Apple iOS devices, touch Scan to email or Scan to Cloud. Click Camera. Click the Scan icon .Use the Auto mode option to scan multiple pages.
123.hp.com/oj4650 is an independent website for providing you with information regarding HP printers. This site doesn’t have specific association with “HP” and its services. All the information and images used in this website are for informational purpose only. We do not sell products or services of HP in any form. We do not provide any warranty or services associated with manufacturer. You should approach the manufacturer for the same. Download the latest printer driver for your HP Officejet 4650 Printer from 123.hp.com/setup 4650